Thursday, July 15, 2010

About Susan

I knew as soon as I created the darn thing, he would post!

My turn:

I'm a 30-year-old information manager in the nonprofit world (I love it). I love photography and travel, and that's pretty much how my love of food came to be. I learned absolutely nothing watching my family while growing up (my dad and grandma are fantastic cooks and my mom is an amazing baker), but I've slowly developed my skills in the past few years since taking up gardening and farmers market shopping, and watching my lovely hubby Matt in the kitchen.

Division of labor usually looks like this: Matt does meat and Susan does veggies and starches. And while he leans toward Mexican flavors and Bayless (we were fans before everyone else), I lean toward Italian and other Mediterranean flavors, inspired by years of travel and study abroad across the Atlantic Pond. Being of Irish, English, and German heritage I also really like potatoes, sauerkraut, and beer.

I promised my fans that my first food post will be about artichokes (my favorite food), so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment